Old December 4th 04, 01:07 AM
dxAce

-=jd=- wrote:

On Thu 02 Dec 2004 01:45:09a, Doug Smith W9WI
wrote in message
:

-=jd=- wrote:
Anyone know of an AM broadcaster on 860khz at about 0300
UTC with a long-winded, French speaking program host that
is a believable distance from, or in, the Atlanta area?

Most probably Radio-Canada from Toronto. (are you far
enough from WAEC, your local religious station on that
frequency in Atlanta? I'm pretty confident WAEC doesn't
air any French though.)

I'm not familiar with WAEC, but if it's a religious station in
Atlanta, you are *waaaaay* safe in presuming they would not
have an all-French language broadcast

http://www.radio-canada.ca, not that it'll do you much good
if you don't understand French. (I'm quite sure there's a
link for listening over the Internet on that page but I
can't find it...)

President Bush is in Canada so I would expect to hear him
mentioned early in the top-of-hour newscasts if it's indeed
a Canadian station. I don't think the visit would be
particularly newsworthy in any other French-speaking
country.

I'm thinking it was the Toronto station. It surprised me...

I can often hear WSB here out of Atlanta at night on 750. I like to catch Neil
Boortz, though if I want to he is carried in the mornings here on my local 640
station.

dxAce
Michigan
USA