Old December 4th 04, 08:42 PM
RHF

= = = (B Williams) wrote in message
= = = . com...
"HankG" no_one@invalid wrote in message
My primary antenna is a 33 ft folded dipole made from 300 ohm twin lead and
is mounted in my roof. It is coupled by a 300 to 75 ohm tv transformer to
75 ohm coax. The antenna is described in message 2471 of the Yahoo Rx-320
group and works fairly well.

Recently, I acquired 3 rolls (40 ft each) of indoor 300 ohm coax, a closeout
at Radio Shack. On checking my house diagram (drawing), I determined that I
could run another antenna which could run about 100 feet if I include my
garage. This is measured from left rear roof, through a wall, diagonally to
front right garage (plus a 20 ft wrap on each end).

I'd welcome any suggestions from the group on an antenna configuration such
as dipole, folded dipole, twinlead converted to long wire (doubled back on
itself), etc. This would be for SW reception, but MW would be a plus.
Thanks.

HankG

Forget about using the 300 ohm coax. Do yourself a favor if you want
good receiving antenna. Go to Home Depot and purchase a roll of 14
gauge insulated wire, some screw-type eye bolts and two copper
plating ground rods and quad shielded RG-6 coax. Then build an
EWE antenna. It is one of the quietest antenna you can construct.
And has fantastic results. Check the web for them.

BW

BW,

An EWE Antenna 'in-my-roof' {the Attic} would be interesting )

~ RHF
..
..