Old October 24th 04, 11:17 PM
Jack Painter

"Gerry Moersdorf" wrote in message
I am installing a G5RV antenna, and a new ground for my TS-2000. The

radio
is in the center of the house, and instead of running a long ground wire

a ground rod at the outside of the house, i was thinking of drilling a

hole
directly below the radio room in the basement floor and driving the ground
rod there. That would make the ground wire only 6-8' long. Assuming i do
not find a wastepipe while driving my ground, is there any issues with
getting a HF ground this way?

Also, I was going to install lightning arrestors at the radio and ground
them to the new ground rod, is it better to place the lightning arrestors
and an additional ground rod where the coax enters the house, or will this
cause ground loop issues?

Thanks in advance to the collective wisdom of group.

Gerry KC8ZUL