Old December 5th 04, 01:36 AM
Volker Tonn

Telamon schrieb:

If you are a ham you might have thought I was referring to an impedance
matching unit which prevents a transmitter from seeing an unmatched load
with the resultant SWR.

Or you might have thought I was referring to a high-pass, low-pass or
bandpass filter some people use for SWL'ing but no, I was referring to
a unit that actually resonates the antenna which was an answer to one of
the original posters questions if I understood him correctly.

It's prety much the same. It only depends of the length aka the loss of
the cable between the "matching unit" and the antenna.
It doesn't make much difference on relatively low freqs (HF) using a low
loss cable and using the "matching unit" in the shack or outside on the
feeding point.