Old December 6th 04, 05:32 AM
Joel Rubin

On Sun, 5 Dec 2004 15:41:55 -0500, "Les" wrote:

I would like to display UTC in my tool bar but when set up for UTC it is in
the 12 hr format not the 24 hr format. Is their any way I can do this or is
their a program I can download to display UTC on my desktop? Using XPHome
for operation Sys.

Of course, besides downloading a third party free or shareware
program, you could get Windows to do it provided you are willing to go
all the way and get rid of the 12 hour clock and local time period.

You can change the time display to 14:24:32 (you can use another
character like dot instead of colon but I'm not sure if you can get
rid of the separator altogether) in Control/Regional and Language
Options.

Hit the Customize button and on the advanced sheet change the hh:mm:ss
tt to HH:mm:ss. (capital H, no tt)

You can also choose your time zone (control date/time or double click
the time in your task bar and use time zone sheet).

You want GMT (Cassablanca/Monrovia) and DON'T AUTO ADJUST THE CLOCK
FOR DST. (I suppose if you choose that option, the difference between
GMT UK and GMT Africa doesn't matter.)