Old October 25th 04, 11:16 PM
Cecil Moore

Tom Donaly wrote:
... it doesn't mean that
Cecil knows what he's talking about when he espouses the theories
he made up in his head out there in the hot Texas sun.

Tom, I think I get it now. Here is what I have learned from you.

1. Even though the only difference in the voltage and current equations
for a transmission line is one constant (the variable terms yield
exactly the same relative magnitude, phase, and attenuation
for the voltage wave and the current wave) and the decrease in the
voltage and current between the source and the load is exactly the
same percentage:

While the voltage reaching the load suffers a 10% drop, the current
does not suffer a drop. The current only suffers a 10% decrease.

2. While the voltage wave and current wave are traveling exactly the
same path in the same phase at the same speed from the source to the
load:

The current wave flows to the load but the voltage wave does not
flow to the load. The voltage wave only travels to the load.

Did I get it right?
--
73, Cecil http://www.qsl.net/w5dxp