Old December 9th 04, 04:02 PM
Bruce Jensen

Many African stations were pounding in here last night all the way from
60m up through 25m. Mali on 5995 and Gabon on 9580 were *much* better
than usual, and Ghana on 4915 was, for the first time I can remember at
my QTH (CA, USA) with my antenna setup, able to be understood easily.
I didn't get on early enough to hear Zambia on 4910, but it's often a
fine signal, and last night I'll bet it was gangbusters. Too late for
Mauritania too, although with Ramadan over, it may be harder to hear.

OTOH, Latin America was very difficult on all bands (Mexico excepted,
but in CA, USA it's a special case anyway). I listened to 11710 RAE,
but it was as bad as usual, and off-frequency as usual too.
Bruce Jensen