Old December 13th 04, 01:14 PM

RivaScoot wrote:
On 13 Dec 2004 03:16:31 GMT, "Mike Terry"

wrote:

With clear, near-FM quality sound, excellent reception
and dramatic improvement over analogue, Digital Radio
Mondiale (DRM) will revitalize radio in markets
worldwide.

[snip]

Well, DRM won't be standard for quite some time.

Anyway, I find such digital broadcasts just a wee bit TOO perfect.
There's nothing like listening to the snap, crackle and pop of a
shortwave signal bouncing from halfway around the world.

Digital just makes things TOO easy.

RivaScoot

I'm not expert, but my understanding is that DRM is an improvement over
analogue only under optimal circumstances (i.e., when there's adequate
signal strength). If the signal strength dips below a magical
threshold, the signal because completely inaudible on DRM--which makes
it inferior to analogue in many, if not most, real world listening
conditions.

Steve