Old December 13th 04, 06:10 PM
Rich Wood

On 13 Dec 2004 03:16:31 GMT, "Mike Terry"
wrote:

With clear, near-FM quality sound, excellent reception
and dramatic improvement over analogue, Digital Radio
Mondiale (DRM) will revitalize radio in markets
worldwide.

Hmm. I guess the US isn't part of "worldwide." Last I heard, IBOC was
the mistake of choice in the US. So far as I know only IBOC and Kahn's
CAM-D are the only systems in contention here, with CAM-D to roll out
soon with several stations on board and receivers coming soon. Are you
lumping DRM and IBOC together?

Today, DRM is the world's only non-proprietary,
digital system for short, medium and long wave with
the ability to use existing frequencies and bandwidth
across the globe.

CAM-D is compatible with all of the above. By "non-proprietary" do you
mean to say that the patent holders of DRM are giving it away with no
manufacturer's licensing fees?

I speak with a lot of stations. Not one has mentioned DRM as something
they're considering.

Rich