Old December 13th 04, 06:44 PM
pete ke90a

bpnjensen wrote:
I agree, and thus my interest also in amateur astornomy - hunting

down
and experiencing the difficult target is a good deal of the fun -

but -

The people who broadcast don't feel this way. They want to be HEARD,
loud and clear. every person who doesn't get all the info they
broadcast is waste of their time and money. For the big guys,

anyway,
DRM may be closer than we like.

Bruce Jensen

I don't know about DRM, but IBOC achieves its goals at the expense of
the upper and lower adjacent channels. WTMJ Milwaukee, 620kHz, which is
located 50 miles away from my location, wipes out both 610 and 630kHz.
When I contacted the IBOC folks and advised them about this, they
hawked about the benefits of this system. When I asked them how their
system would handle the effects of selective fading, they didn't have
an answer.
When I told them that I had developed MW receiver with Sync detection
that would help with these reception problems, and that nobody would
have to pay a licensing fee to enjoy those benefits, they didn't have
an answer for this one either. I never heard from them again.

Pete