Old December 13th 04, 10:17 PM
Scott Dorsey

Rich Wood wrote:
On 13 Dec 2004 03:16:31 GMT, "Mike Terry"
wrote:

With clear, near-FM quality sound, excellent reception
and dramatic improvement over analogue, Digital Radio
Mondiale (DRM) will revitalize radio in markets
worldwide.

Hmm. I guess the US isn't part of "worldwide." Last I heard, IBOC was
the mistake of choice in the US. So far as I know only IBOC and Kahn's
CAM-D are the only systems in contention here, with CAM-D to roll out
soon with several stations on board and receivers coming soon. Are you
lumping DRM and IBOC together?

No, DRM signals are already audible all over the US. It's not legal to
transmit the stuff, but it's certainly legal to receive it, and there is
plenty of DRM shortwave stuff coming over the horizon.
--scott