Old December 14th 04, 12:57 AM

bpnjensen wrote:
I agree, and thus my interest also in amateur astornomy - hunting

down
and experiencing the difficult target is a good deal of the fun -

but -

The people who broadcast don't feel this way. They want to be HEARD,
loud and clear. every person who doesn't get all the info they
broadcast is waste of their time and money. For the big guys,

anyway,
DRM may be closer than we like.

Bruce Jensen

I really don't believe that DRM will result in larger audiences for the
shortwave broadcasters. If the broadcasters think that DRM will lure
even one percent of the people listening to mainstream AM and FM over
to shortwave, they're living in a dream world. That's just never, ever
going to happen.

Ten years from now, someone will post to rec.radio.shortwave inquiring
about what DRM was.

Steve