Old December 15th 04, 02:20 PM
DesignGuy

"Sanjaya" wrote in message
ink.net...

"DesignGuy" wrote in message

news:%3Pvd.757829$8_6.417664@attbi_s04...

"terry cooper" wrote in message
news:nJKvd.5035$mn6.4817@trnddc07...
about to jump in short-wave listing and I keep seeing this radio pop

up
all
the time! So would this be a good radio to start with, I see circuit

city
has it for $99 with a free back power failure radio($29.00 value).

Also I
like talk radio on am stations .. any help would be most

appreciated...

It's great for AM/FM, but a bit drifty for SW listening. Like the others
said, only for those with a casual interest in SW or as a

backup/secondary
radio. It does however, have very good audio and is a fun radio to

listen
to. For listening to AM talk radio I would say it is a good choice. Bear

in
mind while it has digital tuning their are no memory presets.

DG... I'm pretty sure you meant to say the S350 has a digital readout, not
digital tuning.

Ooops.. good catch Sanjaya. Sorry, I did mean to say digital readout. It is
actually analog tuning with a digital readout attached.