Old December 16th 04, 09:36 PM
Stephen M.H. Lawrence

"Brian" wrote in message
nk.net...
| Well, it's been a long time coming, but the mystery is solved, and can you
| believe in the end it was just a TV. I think someone even suggested it may
| be a television, and I nearly disregarded the idea for it's simplicity.
| Well, it looks like I can finally get back to enjoying my radio as I
haven't
| in a good while. Thank you to everybody for your help and suggestions. 73,
| and now for some good dx.
|
| -Brian

Our large (ish) screen TV wipes out everything from longwave to about
25.200 MHz. I devised a brilliant workaround by installing a powerstrip
behind the TV, to enjoy blessed silence. Other appliances I've known
and hated (for the RFI they generate): Microwaves (even when not
cooking), VCRs (Horrible hash-generators), thermostats, battery chargers,
and almost every PC printer I've ever owned. I think Part 15 should
be better - enforced.

Congratulations, though, on your new - found freedom from the noise beast!

73,

Steve Lawrence
Burnsville, Minnesota

---