Old October 27th 04, 05:47 PM
Cecil Moore

Knarf wrote:
Thanks for the link Yuri. Read the web page, and now understand what is
going on. I have an Excel spreadsheet, complete with graph, prepared from a
NEC2 model of an inductively loaded monopole. The graph clearly shows the
current distribution across the coil. If you are interested I can e-mail it
to you, or can post it on the NG. It is only about 50kB, but not sure if it
is acceptable to post attachments on a NG.

The netnews rules prohibit posting binary files. If you don't have
a web page, you could post it to alt.binary and point to it from
here.

Modeling a helical loading coil in EZNEC and putting loads at the
various segments also clearly illustrates the current taper. All
real-world air-core loading coils are distributed networks. In
a distributed network with reflections, the standing-wave currents
are tapered within a sinusoidal envelope.

Here's an unanswered question: If the loading coil occupies zero
degrees, how can the remaining eight feet of the antenna occupy
the entire 90 electrical degrees? Wouldn't the coil have to
change the frequency for that to happen?
--
73, Cecil http://www.qsl.net/w5dxp