Old December 19th 04, 05:05 AM
Jon Lippert

KEN [KC2JDY],

READ - AM/MW DXing = Your Radio + Lazy Susan + Select-A-Tenna
http://groups.yahoo.com/group/Shortw...a/message/1787

As a stand-a-lone Radio for AM Broadcast Program Listening
the GE Superadios are the low cost performance favorate by
many casual AM/MW DXers.
+ Use a Select-A-Tenna and a Lazy Susan with the GE
Superadios and you can do some reasonable AM/MW
DXing for about $100-$150.
+ Plug a Long Wire (Random Wire)Antenna into the 1/8" Jack
on the Select-A-Tenna Model 541-M and you can generally
'improve' the listenable range of your AM/MW DXing both day
and night.

Greetings! I picked up a GE Super Radio II at the local thrift store for $2.
I was shocked to find that it worked. I definetly looks used, but is missing
nothing. I hear lots of stations all around most freqs and can usually pull
them out. I have not tried an external antenna yet, but I think I will put up
a loop. Would 14 ga. wire be better, or 300 ohm? Thanks for your input! Jon.