Old October 27th 04, 11:18 PM
w9gb

"Linux Lover" wrote in message
om...
Is there a product you can recommend as "The Best Omnidirectional FM
antenna"?

If so, which one is it? (brand/model and/or URL please)

Oh - one significant constraint is that it cannot be larger than about
3 feet (1 meter) in any dimension, because it is going to be installed
in my attic. I know it cuts the signal by 50%, but I am willing to
live with that since I am assuming that if a whip antenna on a
portable radio works great in my basement, a **good* omnidirectional
FM antenna in the attic must work *at least* as good...

An extensive search yielded only the Triax omni FM:
http://www.towerhillaerials.com/view...&orderNumber=0
But where can you buy it in the USA?

I also found an ANTENNACRAFT FMSS at STARK Electronics:
http://www.starkelectronic.com/acantena.htm#FMSS, but the specs at
that site say Boom length is 8' and Maximum Width say 55'. These can't
be feet, right? They surely confused the foot symbol (') with the inch
symbol (") - or did they?

Anyway, any tip you can provide on finding such an omnidirectional FM
antenna would be highly appreciated. VHF/UHF omnidirectional antennas
that do *not* trap the FM band with a notch filter are welcome, too.

Thanks,
Lynn

Lynn -

2 of the largest manufacturers of outdoor TV and FM antennas are Antenna
Craft and Winegard -- BOTH located in Burlington, IA ... a small city with
a big reputation for TV reception!
Radio Shack was one of Antenna Craft's biggest customers (what you buy in
their stores)

Antenna Craft
http://antennacraft-tdp.com/

Winegard
http://www.winegard.com/

HERE ARE THE OMNI-DIRECTIONAL FM ANTENNAS

The Antenna Craft FM-SS are a pair of cross folded dipoles
http://antennacraft-tdp.com/pdfs/FMSS.pdf

The Winegard product is PR-6010 (Turnstile)
http://www.winegard.com/offair/pdf/pr-6010.pdf

Greg
w9gb

BTW, who grew up 35 miles SE of Burlington (definite Deep Fringe TV & FM
territory)