Old October 27th 04, 11:22 PM
w9gb

"Linux Lover" wrote in message
om...
Is there a product you can recommend as "The Best Omnidirectional FM
antenna"?

If so, which one is it? (brand/model and/or URL please)

Oh - one significant constraint is that it cannot be larger than about
3 feet (1 meter) in any dimension, because it is going to be installed
in my attic. I know it cuts the signal by 50%, but I am willing to
live with that since I am assuming that if a whip antenna on a
portable radio works great in my basement, a **good* omnidirectional
FM antenna in the attic must work *at least* as good...

[snip]

Anyway, any tip you can provide on finding such an omnidirectional FM
antenna would be highly appreciated. VHF/UHF omnidirectional antennas
that do *not* trap the FM band with a notch filter are welcome, too.

Thanks,
Lynn

Lynn -

2 of the largest manufacturers of outdoor TV and FM antennas are
AntennaCraft and Winegard -- BOTH located in Burlington, IA ... a small
city with a big reputation for TV reception!
Radio Shack was one of Antenna Craft's biggest customers (what you buy in
their stores)

Antenna Craft
http://antennacraft-tdp.com/

Winegard
http://www.winegard.com/

While there are a number of Directional FM antennas, here are the
Omni-Directional FM Antennas - that you asked for:

The Antenna Craft Model FM-SS (crossed folded dipoles)
http://antennacraft-tdp.com/pdfs/FMSS.pdf

The Winegard Model PR-6010 (Turnstile)
http://www.winegard.com/offair/pdf/pr-6010.pdf

Greg
w9gb

BTW, who grew up 35 miles SE of Burlington (definite Deep Fringe TV & FM
territory)