Old December 21st 04, 01:47 AM
Buzzygirl

"running dogg" wrote in message

I need recommendations for a cheap shortwave radio, and I don't mean
Degen 1102 cheap. I'm talking Grundig FR-200 cheap, 40 bucks or so.

You might want to check out this one... it's analog, but it's made by Kaito
(Degen) and has gotten pretty good reviews for a tiny analog SW receiver.
It's on sale for $24.95 from radios4you.com. I've ordered a radio from them
in the past, and they were fast and reliable.

http://www.radios4you.com/wrx911.html

Here's a review on the WRX911:

http://www.radiointel.com/review-kaitowrx911.htm

and another:

http://www.eham.net/reviews/detail/4624

Again, this is a very small analog shortwave receiver. For what it's worth,
I've had extremely good experiences with Degen and Kaito receivers. I have
the KA-1101, KA-1102 (DE-1102) and the DE-1103, all of which are excellent
receivers for their price.

Good luck!

Jackie