Old December 20th 04, 06:06 PM
Mark Zenier

In article LPixd.525681$wV.481052@attbi_s54,
4nradio wrote:
Australia and New Zealand have both scaled back their broadcasts in years
past, well before the current withering away of European broadcasters. I've
been trying to remember how many years it's been since R. Australia had
transmissions beamed specifically to North America. Has it been 10 years? I
can't recall.

It was at the same time their govmt. made the sweetheart deal with
the christian group and sold/leased? them their newly renovated Darwin
transmitter site for way too little money. They also made a bunch of
budget cuts.

Hmm, when did Ian Wood's _Science File_ show go away.

Judging from some transcripts I'd saved off the web it looks like 1997.
Longer ago than I would have guessed.

Mark Zenier Washington State resident