Old December 21st 04, 07:47 PM
uncle arnie

I can hear the Delano transmitter at various times/freqs, though I don't
usually bother much with N. Amer. broadcasts.

On Mon, 20 Dec 2004 06:38 pm, running dogg posted to
rec.radio.shortwave: %MM

uncle arnie wrote:

No jamming noticed on 6000 khz at about the time you note. I wonder if
it
was a local thing for you. I'm at 53 deg N, 102 W roughly. Central Sask
Canada.

Delano is south of my location, and the transmission is to Central
America. So it probably wouldn't be heard up in Canada. But it WOULD be
heard throughout much of the area that RHC is trying to cover.

On Fri, 17 Dec 2004 09:55 pm, running dogg posted to
rec.radio.shortwave: %MM

I happened across the English language service of Radio Habana Cuba on
6000 khz around 0330, and I noticed strong interference. Tuning to 5995
I discovered a VERY strong signal in Spanish. Passport says that the
VOA transmitter at Delano, California relays the BBC in Spanish to
Central America between 0300-0400. The fact of the transmitter being
only 150 miles away from me is why the signal is so strong. VOA has to
know that RHC is broadcasting to NAm during that time. Is this a
deliberate attempt by the US govt to jam RHC during a popular time for
listening? (I usually listen to the BBC's The World Today at 0300 on
5975 or 9525 but tonight (Saturday morning world day) they only have a
5 minute news bulletin because it's Saturday, so I was checking out
some other English SW broadcasts.)

-----= Over 100,000 Newsgroups - Unlimited Fast Downloads - 19 Servers
=-----