Old December 21st 04, 11:06 PM
Brenda Ann

"Mark" wrote in message
news:1103666763.260480@ftpsrv1...
http://www.pcworld.idg.com.au/index....52087&eid=-108

Mark.
Auckland
New Zealand.

200Mbps??? I don't THINK so. They don't even have those speeds available in
the infrastructure they would use to feed BPL. Someone read something wrong
somewhere. My ADSL is 8Mbps, my cable is 10Mbps. BPL promises a fraction of
either of those in reality. With a maximum bandwidth of 75MHz, even with
compression, on the main feed, divided amongst a number of users, actual
bandwidth would be around 800Kbps to each user, from all accounts I've
read... 200Mbps, indeed.. that would take out not only the entire HF but
also about 80% of VHF...