Old October 28th 04, 09:03 AM
Roy Lewallen

Roy Lewallen wrote:

Cecil,

In a simple monopole with one inductor, let L1 be the distance from
the base of an antenna to the bottom of the loading coil in meters,
L2 the length of the loading coil, L3 the distance from the top of the
inductance value and F the frequency. You can assume the antenna is
very thin.

Since your theory is so elegant and well developed, and you've had
such an excellent education at Texas A&M, it shouldn't be difficult at
all for you to write a couple of simple equations which give the
currents at the two ends of the coil. In the time-honored methods of
science, your equations can then be tested against modeled and
measured results to prove the validity of your theory.

Roy Lewallen, W7EL

Cecil Moore wrote:

Well, I have already posted the equations. . .

. . . Here are the equations again.

A loading coil exists in a standing-wave antenna.
The forward current through the loading coil is I+.
The reflected current through the loading coil is I-.
The net current at any point in the coil is I+ + I- (phasor addition)
The magnitude of the net current depends upon the phase of I+ and I-.

Itot = I+ + I-

There's the equation that I have already posted many, many times.
Sorry you missed it.
. . .

Helloo. . . Anybody home?

Roy Lewallen, W7EL