Old December 22nd 04, 03:00 PM
Michael Lawson

"-=jd=-" wrote in message
On Tue 21 Dec 2004 06:06:14p, "Brenda Ann"
wrote in message
:

"Mark" wrote in message
http://www.pcworld.idg.com.au/index....26952087&eid=-
108

Mark.
Auckland
New Zealand.

200Mbps??? I don't THINK so. They don't even have those
speeds available in the infrastructure they would use to
feed BPL. Someone read something wrong somewhere. My ADSL
is 8Mbps, my cable is 10Mbps. BPL promises a fraction of
either of those in reality. With a maximum bandwidth of
75MHz, even with compression, on the main feed, divided
amongst a number of users, actual bandwidth would be around
800Kbps to each user, from all accounts I've read...
200Mbps, indeed.. that would take out not only the entire
HF but also about 80% of VHF...

200Mbps does seem a bit far-fetched, even under tightly
controlled conditions... What's next - OC-192 throughput to
the desktop?

Ha. And it'll be filled with porn, spam and virii.

--Mike L.