Old December 22nd 04, 05:50 PM
William Mutch

In article ,
says...
Time for some reflection on 2004 .... as far as shortwave radio, how did it go?

Did you get a new radio, make some interesting catches, new QSL's, learn
something new?

"snip"

Well, my 18 year old son has been spending more time with the
Sat800 than I have...he likes it better than his RatShack cheapy. I've
done a couple fun antenna projects, but winter WX has closed out the
season for that before I could get my VHF phased array up on the gables.
After my oldest brother, a navy aicrewman in 1945, passed away
this July I got a BC-348-Q (thanks to Pete, W8PT). I've just finished
cleaning, retubing and tweaking it. I'm proud to own this peice of
history and some students here at work will get to have some demos with
it. It's a pretty good band cruiser, though it still needs some work and
I'd like to build it an external audio processor.
I've gotten all the caps necessary to give my NC-125 a full
overhaul *before* whichever cap is intermittent goes down hard, but I
haven't done anything with the NC-183 for months. The transmitters are
still in mothballs. I'd hoped to be on the air this year for straight
key night with an all hollow state boatanchor station, but I'm not going
to make it. So many projects...so little time.
I'll be QRT until 4 JAn 05.

AR de KC2LVQ

73 and good DX,

John Wilke