Old October 28th 04, 03:00 PM
Cecil Moore

H. Adam Stevens, NQ5H wrote:
Now where was that chapter in E&M about "superposition of currents"?
Can't seem to find it.

From: "Transmission Lines and Networks", Walter C. Johnson, page 244:
"10.4 The Principle of Superposition. If a number of electrical sources
exist in a linear network, the resulting CURRENT or voltage in any part
of the system is equal to the sum of the CURRENTS or voltages that would
be caused by each source acting separately."

Emphasis mine. Now you know where it is. Here's another interesting
quote from page 150:

"P = |E+|^2/Z0 - |E-|^2/Z0 We can regard the first term in this
expression as the power associated with the forward-traveling wave,
and the second term as the reflected power."

Roy, why do you bother?

Because he knows I might learn something from him or he might learn
something from me. How about you?
--
73, Cecil http://www.qsl.net/w5dxp