Old December 23rd 04, 05:08 AM
starman

Mark Zenier wrote:

In article , dxAce wrote:
starman wrote:

Kachina 78 wrote:

Greetings, I started DXing as a youngster, in 1966, with a Knight-Kit Space
Spanner, and SWLing still remains in my blood.

Do you recall the price for the 'Space Spanner' back then? The 'Star
Roamer' sold for about $40.

I did a quick check, and at least in the Fall of 1959 it sold for $18.95.

All the way up to $19.95 in 1967.

My friend worked all summer around 1967 to save enough money for the
Star Roamer. I built the kit for him. Unfortunately it didn't work and
we had to send it back to Knight-Kit. They replaced a bad I.F.
transformer and we got the radio back in working condition. It was a fun
project but he probably should have got one of the Heath-Kit radios
instead. They were generally better quality.