Old December 23rd 04, 07:41 PM
Tom

I think you are being choosy in your stats, citing only the lowest
prices recorded to support your argument. I tracked eBay selling prices
for DX-394's over a 7-month period from Oct/03 to Apr/04 - graphed at
http://groups.yahoo.com/group/RADIOS...394/files/FAQ/ .The monthly
average for unmodified ones ranged from $135-$175; for modified ones,
(not solely lowbander's and with varying degrees of mods) from
$195-$265. Of course, there were individual ones that sold for less and
more than these. That was nearly a year ago and prices may have moved
somewhat. My recent eBay watch list shows only one sold in the US for
or $110 or less at $108.50. The majority of unmodified ones at around
$150. lowbander sold 5 between $235 and $250.

Rather than comparing it against more expensive receivers that rarely
show up on ebay and sell at the bottom price you mention (that's too
easy!), can you identify a readily available one that is comparable in
price with equal or superior features and performance?

73, Tom