Old December 24th 04, 01:29 AM
Tom

No need to shout. You are entitled to your opinion but be careful when
you state it that you are not slandering lowbander or anyone else. His
ebay feedback is 100% positive on over 700 transactions, the majority
of which are sales of his modified DX-394's. While he may be guilty of
hyperbole (isn't that typical of our advertising oriented society?),
can you find a mistruth in his ads? His hundreds of customers are
satisfied so his price cannot be too high. I think he is to be
congratulated on creating an after-market in souping up DX-394's. Is
there such a market for any other receiver?

If your only point was that you can buy a superior radio by spending
more money, then I would not argue with you. But, for some, that extra
cash is not an option. And to get any of the radios you cited at such a
low price is a rarity while there is almost always at least one DX-394
FA on ebay.

This thread, however, (and not necessarily you, Cap'n) demeaned
lowbander, his modified DX-394's, and the basic DX-394.
I thought that was unfair and needed some balance. After all, I'm a
DX-394 enthusiast and hot-rodder.

I don't know what you are using, Cap'n, but if you can handle a
soldering iron, pick up one of those DX-394's at $110 and have some
fun. Your other rig, like my Drake R-4B, may end up gathering dust for
a while ;-) .

73 and seasons greetings!

Tom