Old October 28th 04, 10:12 PM
Ken

Default One band tuner?

I just acquired a Wilson 1000 base-loaded mag-mount antenna. The whip
is 62" long and gives lowest SWR (1.2) at CB channel 1 (26.965 mHz).
So, to be a good CB antenna, the whip needs to be shortened to give
lowest SWR at 27.200 mHz -- roughly the middle of the CB band.

I want to also use this antenna for 10M. I don't want to bother with
a tuner. I originally was going to buy a second, even shorter, whip
for 10M and switch the whips for th eband I wanted at the moment.
Then I thought that maybe I could throw together a simple RLC circuit
to use at the radio for 10M.

How can I determine what I need? I think I have more than enough
sophisticated equipment, but not the practical experience to use it.

In particular, I just built the AmQRP Antenna Analyzer and can measure
the SWR, impedance and reactance at any frequency. I have a dip
meter. I have manual tuners that can bring the SWR down to 1.0 in the
middle of the 10M band.

How do I use these to design a simple RLC circuit that does what the
manual tuner does at the middle of 10M?

Ken KC2JDY

Ken
(to reply via email