Old October 28th 04, 11:38 PM
Cecil Moore

Gene Fuller wrote:
This experiment demonstrates what happens to the "remaining eight feet"
when confronted with the conflict between the "need" for 90 degrees and
the availability of only 45 degrees.

Once again, you misunderstand what I am saying which is: For an unloaded
vertical antenna to have a purely resistive feedpoint impedance, i.e.
resonant, it must be at least 1/4WL long fed against a counterpoise. A
45 degree unloaded antenna does NOT have a purely resistive feedpoint
impedance, i.e. it is NOT resonant. We are discussing only resonant antennas
here. A properly loaded short mobile antenna does indeed have a purely resistive
feedpoint impedance, i.e. at resonance, it must exhibit something in the ballpark
of 90 degrees of antenna. Hint: There is 90 degrees between the purely resistive
current maximum point and the open end of the antenna. The coil MUST occupy some
of that 90 degrees.

I'm not saying the coil occupies every degree not occupied by the
wires but it does NOT occupy zero degrees. The argument is whether it
occupies zero degrees or not.

Please stop misunderstanding what I am saying. :-)

My computer did not blow up, and I suspect yours will survive as well.

Since you misunderstood, the rest of your posting is proceeding under
false premises.
--
73, Cecil http://www.qsl.net/w5dxp