Old December 25th 04, 01:16 PM
Brian Hill

"bluemind" wrote in message
oups.com...
I have $20 maximum and want a cheap radio. From what I've read so far
my choices are between Jwin, Coby and B+H. Which is best? I know none
of those are 'serious' sets but I have to start somewhere. TV audio
would be nice, and battery life is a consideration too. I live in the
boonies of WV, and will be happy if I get a good BBC signal. Thanks for
the help.

You can listen to stuff on those but I would recommend staying away from sw
sets with TV coverage. In my experience, every radio I've ever used with TV
reception was terrible. Those little am/sw sets like you stated above should
be fine. There's guys in here that know more about those little radios than
I do and they can tell you which one's best but stay away from those TV
reception types. Just my 2c

--
73 and good DXing.
Brian