Old October 29th 04, 05:31 AM
Telamon

In article ,
(Gene Gardner) wrote:

This seems like a good place to insert a discussion about a
"shielded loop" being a myth for anything except for deeper
nulls in the directivity pattern: (these were posted about
18 months ago).

Snip

It is a good example of why I do not read rec.radio.amateur.antenna.
Anything you read in it has about a 50% chance of being correct. It is
up to you to figure out which is right. If I want to read a thesis, I'll
crack a textbook where I stand a better chance of not being misled. With
technical articles, I also do not have to deal with terms like, myth,
oldwives tails, or requests for citations and the like.

--
Telamon
Ventura, California