Old October 29th 04, 06:20 AM
John Franklin

Hi Ken, If you have the equipment to determine the impedance of the
antenna at
the middle of the 10M band, there are a number of ways to match it to 50
ohms.

First of all, you don't want an RLC circuit. Leave out the R cause that
is
power lost as heat. You want everything to be radiated. An "L" network
consisting of an inductor and capacitor will match anything to anything.
What I usually do is determine the feedpoint impedance of the antenna at
the
frequency of interest, and use the Smith Chart to determine the
configuration
and values of an "L" network to get a match.
If you are not comfortable with the Chart, there are some programs on the
net
that will design the network for you. Or, if you give me the complex
impedance
and frequency, I will be glad to provide a network.
73 Gary N4AST

Ummmm wouldn't it be easier to just trim the whip? Years ago I trimmed a 4
ft "Ugly Stick" down for 10 meters it worked quite well. I used to easily
work Japan from my pickup in Portland Oregon with 25 watts, using just that
ugly stick.