Old December 26th 04, 10:41 PM
dxAce

Would it make a good one?

I've been swapping CRTs in computer monitors, and I have a degaussing
coil from a typical 12" monitor available. Would it make a good loop
antenna for SW or MW reception, or is it inappropriate for that task?

I don't think it's a gay degaussing coil, so the question may be
off-topic at RRS. If so, I apologize in advance.

Well, ask yourself what it is. And the answer is, it's a degaussing coil.

It was not designed to be a loop antenna for MW nor SW.

Not to say that you might not hook it up to your receiver(s) and actually be
able to receive something, but that's another story.

If it's what I think it is, it has a bunch of wire coiled or wound on it. Uncoil
the wire, and run it out the window and hook it to your receiver. I think you'd
get better results.

dxAce
Michigan
USA