Old August 23rd 03, 02:59 PM
Ralph Mowery

I checked - 50 ohm to 75 ohm is not a big deal. The SWR is 1.46,
resulting in 14 dB of mismatch loss, which means in a 100W system only
4 watts is reflected back.
So the fact that the Vee is closer to 50 ohms is not a biggie.

Also depending on the height the antenna may not be 75 ohms. I had to put
my 80 meter dipole up about 30 feet on each end and the middle is only 20
feet up. I have ran it through the computer program but a graph in an old
antenna book shows that an antenna about 20 feet up is closer to 50 ohms
than it is to 75 ohms. The swr meter at the end of 100 feet of rg8x showes
it to have a swr near 1:1 near the design frequency for what that is worth.