Old December 29th 04, 03:29 PM
dxAce

HPDSCTraining wrote:

Subject: FCC fines CBer $10K even though no license needed

Did you read the letter? It sounds like dude built his own transmitter, and for
whatever reason someone didnt like it (interfered with their TV during
Survivor?) and complained. I didnt know you had to use a licensed transmitter
either.

Not 'licensed' but 'type accepted' by the FCC for use on CB.

Of course, no license is needed.

(Most mysteries are easily solved)

dxAce
Michigan
USA

We used to have problems in my area with a guy that had a CB and a 1500watt
amp. He lived just down the block, and the RF was so strong, you could unplug
the stereo from the wall, and still here the guy faintly through the stereo
speakers. He messed up TV reception and cordless phones, and forget listening
to shortwave. No one called the FCC though. A neighbor who knew a bit about CB
ran a big safety pin through his antenna coax one evening while the guy was at
work. He got the hint and switched to a 200 watt amp, after his 1500 watt tube
job burned out, which didnt bother the rest of us at all.