Old August 23rd 03, 04:06 PM
Art Unwin KB9MZ

Default Take off angle

I had always thought that take off angle was
a function purely based on ht over ground
and nothing else.
When experimenting with my AO computor program
on colliear arangements I.E. without booms, I
am finding that the 'Take off' angle becomes lower
with increasing gain over a dipole.
The top edge of the leading lobe stays constant
with that of a single dipole but with the slight
lowering of the lobe angle as much as 1db of
increase in gain are obtainable at the LOWEST angle.
Does anyone know of a text book that discusses the
why's and wherefores of these lower angle gains
together with its 'known' limitations?
Is it possible that it is a parallelogram
resultant of increased vector value versus the
ground influence constant?

Regards
Art Unwin