Old October 31st 04, 04:24 PM
Mike

I see a few TV antennas in my neighborhood that are pointed exactly
180deg the wrong direction with the longest elements toward the station
and the “top wing boom” end pointed away from the station. This usually
happens in clusters, where one neighbor looks next door to see where the
antenna is pointed (wrong), and so on….
If this were the case it would explain diminishing UHF signal strength
due to the higher front to back ratio when the corner reflector elements
are installed.
Mike

Daniel wrote:
I just finished re-directing my TV antenna in the attic to some
favorite stations and boy it looks fabulous. :-)

However, I came across a very interesting phenomenon to which I have
no explanation: if I install the two "Top Wing Boom" elements that
come with the antenna, I get significantly worse reception. If I
removed them (as the situation is now), I get close to perfect
reception.

Is there an explanation to this?

The antenna is a Radio Shack VU-90XR VHF/UHF/ FM Antenna 150-2152.
Overview: http://tinyurl.com/52tjr
Manual: http://tinyurl.com/6yyke

I am just curious, that's all. :-)

Daniel