Old December 31st 04, 06:16 AM
dxAce

Kachina 78 wrote:

Ace, I'm not sure what's up with all this "Boycott dxAce" stuff, but I'd sure
like to know how things are in your neck of the woods tonight. I'm sitting here
in the Chicago burbs, it's 1130 PM local time, it's one day away from January,
and it's 56 degrees outside! Oh, and did I mention, we're in the middle of a
downpour, equipped with thunder and lightning. To make things even better, I'm
using every trick in the book, to hang on to the Voice of Turkeys' 1/2
mega-watter on 7300khz at 0540UTC. The noise floor is quiet, but I can't get
the S-Meter on the JRC NRD-535D to move past 1. Haven't had any better luck on
49 or 60 meters. How are conditions by you tonight? Good DXing to you, and
Happy New Year. Gary, Illinois, USA

Currently 53 here, and very windy. Haven't got the shortwave on here at the moment,
I'm listening to WLS.

Have what might be some thunderstorms right off-shore now.

dxAce
Michigan
USA