Old November 1st 04, 04:54 AM
Barnacle Bill

In article , Bob Miller wrote:
On Sat, 30 Oct 2004 23:52:24 -0000, Barnacle Bill
wrote:

Some of us have gotten spoiled rotten by our wideband connections. I for
one have a T1 at work and do most of my downloading there. Maybe it's time
to step back, take a deep breath, and recall when we had a 1200 baud modem!
;^)

BB

I still have my little Radio Shack Model 100 portable pc, with its
mighty 300-baud modem. Them was the times...

bob
k5qwg

Hey, I still have mine too! In fact, I just dug it out of a 'mystery box'
in the attic. It still works. Back in the 80's, I used in my land survey
business; I wrote a COGO program in BASIC on it that worked like a charm...

BB