Old November 1st 04, 04:04 PM
Jim

"Jack" wrote in message
om...
Is there a difference between a "Skywire" coax cable and a regular
coax cable you get from Radio Shack in terms of quality or
compatibilities?

One thing I didn't see mentioned in the other posts is the quality of the
wire used to make the coax.

I have seen this problem with both Radio Shack Coax and their hook up wire.
I beleive it is all made in Japan and they use a different copper alloy (or
possibly tempering) than the US companies. This makes the wire more brittle
and it tends to be stiffer. Read this as: You have to be Very
careful not to nick the wire or it will break when it flexes. The US made
copper wire I have used does not have this problem.

Jim
N8EE