Old January 21st 05, 10:57 AM
The Amazing Seismo

"mike" wrote

Or perhaps we could let people use whatever terms/slang/language they wish
on the public airwaves or public internet.
I happen to like "talkin' skip". The DX is parked in my
driveway...although I sometimes talk skip from the DX.
mike

People can speak any way they want to, Mike. But when I am on the air, I
won't talk with newbies that do not make an effort to join the ham culture.

It is okay to make a mistake while talking, it is not okay to keep talking
as though one is still on CB with no intent of changing their behavior.

I too came from CB to ham radio. Before that I was an Air Force radio
dispatcher and involved in commercial radio shortly thereafter. Each field
requires that the operator learn the particular language for the job at
hand.

I suspect that the poster that you were speaking to was merely trying to
help the newbie. Not scold him.

Ed, NM2K