Old November 2nd 04, 02:54 AM
James Harvey

Default Help!! AM Radio Interference

Hi,

I have been recording vinyl LPs to my computer the past few days with a
grounded phono preamp. I had no problems until today. I am now picking
up serious hum and buzz, and I can hear broadcasts from an AM radio
station that has a powerful transmitter located in my city, while using
the recording software. WTF?
Is there any way to stop this bs? I have tried various isolation
transformers, grounding schemes, and shielded cable configurations to no
avail. I have complained to the station, but got no response from
engineering.
Any ideas on what to do? Practical advice appreciated.

TIA,
James

--
Real replies may be sent to zookini33 at hotmail dot com.
Spam trap is in place. This posting does NOT constitute

http://home.earthlink.net/~zewkini/