Old January 3rd 05, 10:22 AM
Lucky

"Dale Parfitt" wrote in message
news:SH3Cd.15352$Y57.9979@trnddc08...

"John Plimmer" wrote in message
Anyone interested in having a look at a side by side comparison between

the
venerable Drake R8B and Icom's latest digital transceiver offering the
756
PRO III can do so at
http://www.dxing.info/equipment/icom_ic756_plimmer.dx
The Icom has some impressive features for a SW DXer with performance to
match
Nice job John- and very much appreciated. I am using the original 756PRO

and find it to be an exceptional LF--HF RX. For the LF experimental band,
the ability to precisely set the BFO offset makes it possible to run ARGO
in
the narrowest of BW and be certain the signal will fall right where it
should.
I too would like sync detection, but find that tuning in the 1Hz step
mode
allows fantastic Exhaulted carrier detection.
The scope is a real plus, and would be very much missed on any other rig.
I run line audio out to a HiFi amp and find the audio superb, but lacking
( as you mentioned) if I just use another speaker on the 8 Ohm output of
the
Icom.
73,

Dale W4OP
for PAR Electronics, Inc.

I have a R75 and other radios but my question applies is basic. Exactly how
is the 1 Hz steps best used in ECSS?

I read that in AM one should tune in up or down 2.5Kz one half an AM
bandwidth to get best results? Is this right?? What is it for SSB??

Thanks
Lucky