Old January 3rd 05, 02:20 PM
RHF

From: "Burt Wizeman" *m
Date: Sun Jan 2, 2005 5:38 pm
Subject: DRM "MOD" for the Grundig Satellit 800 Millennium
..
No sense in waiting! I went to the drm.org site and skipped
about until I found the SAT Schneider Company. They make a
downcoverting mixer for DRM. Check out their website. These
folks seem to be the source for most of the current mods out
there for DRM. If someone can point to the 455khz IF in the
800 and tap it before filtering, this board can be hooked up
(it is very small) to give the 12 kHz IF out for the computer
sound card.
..
Here is a link to the boards and other DRM related items.
..
http://home.t-online.de/home/sat-service/sat/DRM/DRM.htm
..
So ya know, for DRM you need:
..
1. The 12khz IF out to a SUPPORTED sound card.
2. Software to decode the signal.
..
The Software is at the DRM.ORG site and also at the site
given above.
The DRM.ORG is http://www.drmrx.org/
..
There you will find all the info about DRM.
..
So, who has a schematic? Any Drake techies online ?
..
Can we find a Yahoo Groups friendly tech there ?
Maybe give us the right place to tap ?
..
And to think I don't even own an 800 yet
and am still teetering on the fence !
..
As always I remain some version of,
Burt Wizeman