Old January 4th 05, 06:59 PM
John Plimmer

Mike you are indeed getting old like me.
The Hallicrafters SX-100 and Hammarlund HQ-180AC were indeed great radio's
in their day.
But time marches on - "time and tide waits for no man!"
Undoubtedly the Drake R8B will be a historic radio of its time, the
nineties.
So too will be the new digital radio's of the new millennium.
The old boatanchors are now history, surpassed by the awesome capabilities
of the new era digital radio's.

BTW I cut my teeth on an Eddystone 840

Best wishes for good DX in the New Year

"Michael Lawson" wrote in message

"John Plimmer" wrote in message
Anyone interested in having a look at a side by side comparison

between the
venerable Drake R8B and Icom's latest digital transceiver offering

the 756
PRO III can do so at
http://www.dxing.info/equipment/icom_ic756_plimmer.dx
The Icom has some impressive features for a SW DXer with performance

match

Interesting article, but man, "venerable Drake R8B"??
When I think "venerable", I think a Hallicrafters
SX-100 or a Hammarlund HQ-180AC.

I must be getting old.

--Mike L.