Old November 3rd 04, 01:10 AM
John Smith

"Reg Edwards" wrote in message

From MY copy of the message I sent containing the binary attachment I get
no
response by clicking the program's icon or the 'paper clip'.

I get a message which says "Outlook Express has made the attachment
inaccessible". So its in my computer somewhere but I can't get at it.
Not
that I want it.

At some time in the distant past I may have set OE to reject suspicious
non-standard attachments.

But out of curiosity, has anyone managed to download program SELFRES2 ?

Or has it been rejected simply because its a binary file sent via a
newsgroup?

Thank you for your cooperation.

Hi, Reg -

I am using XP. The attachment is grayed out in OE for me and is not
available. I have heard that M$ did that intentionally to minimize the
transmission of virii. If you simply rename the file extension to something
else, like SelfRes2.run perhaps, the file might then become available and
could be executed after renaming. Or you could just zip it up and it will
transfer okay.

I think. That's what I've heard, anyway.

John