Old November 3rd 04, 02:38 PM
Rich Gosselin

My two questions:

1. Should I get a 4-way coax splitter with each output at 7dB and
terminate the unused output? This would leave an output free for future
expansion in Room 4. I saw such a splitter at Radio Shack. Is there a
better brand?

*********************
Yes & no...if the splitter is a 1 gig splitter, it'll work. Don't use the
900mhz splitters...they'll work...so so...but you'll get better signal
through the 1 gig splitter, and they are not expensive...I get them at Home
Despots...about $5...can't remember if they are Ideal or RCA branded...you
will probably not need any signal amps...unless your really working with a
bad cable company. They take special care to boost their signal throughout
their network, and really try hard (in my area with Comcast) to pump good
signal to their users.
2. Should I terminate the cable in the unused Room 1?

Always terminate unused coax ends tied to the distribution network.

Rich