Old January 9th 05, 08:41 PM
running dogg

Sanjaya wrote:

"Knowledge" wrote in message
I'm having an interesting moment now.

I'm sitting her at my computer listening to my YB 400 PE that is
hooked up to the scanner antenna on the roof.

I'm no expert, but why don't you try the YB400 with another antenna,
even a portable wire like the Sangean ANT-60.

BBC 15190 is about the most reliable broadcast I can imagine, so unless
your Grundig is dying I'd really suspect a big mis-match with the antenna.

He said it's a *scanner* antenna. It's probably an antenna made for
picking up VHF signals, which is likely why it's doing so poorly on HF.
He also said he clipped it onto the 400's whip using an alligator
clip-another potential mismatch situation.